what I am in the middle of? No, of course not. Okay, so it’s been a little quiet around here. I’ve been busy and in a total production funk. I’m working on a sweater that I don’t really like. But I agreed to knit it and by god I am knitting it and I am going to finish it and then I don’t ever want to see it again. I’m also sewing. I cut out Abby’s Halloween costume last night (princess, duh) and didn’t have enough fabric soooo that means I have to go to Hancocks at lunch, only no, wait, I agreed to go to a Toastmasters presentation at lunch today. Okay, so I’ll go after work, uh, wait, I have to attend a meeting at church to plan the Halloween Party. ARGH! I am not having any fun. Tomorrow night I have to install a new disposal for my mom. I haven’t looked at the garden in days. I think we are about to run out of clean towels. Oh, and Tom is quitting his part-time job cuz they won’t let him have off on Sunday so he can watch Abby sing in the children’s choir at church. Not a complete disaster – he was starting to hate that job and we think he can substitute teach until he starts student teaching in the spring. Okay, so much for catching you all up on the current time crunch/crisis.
On the Nature front: I think I have my own Giant Spider Web. Okay, maybe not that giant, but I am telling you that the spiders this year have been incredible in their number and variety. Must have been all the rain we had this year – there’s plenty of food for them and need I remind you all that their food is…other bugs! So yay for lots of spiders.
Also here is a wildflower. No, I don’t know what it is. I just saw it and shot it and haven’t had time to do the research, but isn’t it nice?
So, Amanda Wise-ass tagged me for a meme! Fine, but I am soooo not prepared.
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I hate things in my chocolate. You know, things, like nuts, marshmallows, coconut, chips, dried fruit, things.
- I love being rolfed. I love my chiropractor too, don’t get me wrong, but rolfing is awesome!
- I dream about living alone. I don’t actually want to be rid of my family, but sometimes, I dream about being alone. I also dream about winning the lottery, so there.
- I am an ex-smoker. For a year now. Can’t garauntee how long that will last, but right now, today, I am an ex-smoker.
- I have owned 2 horses in my lifetime. I frequently entertain the idea of getting another. I am completely OUT OF MY MIND! Someone please stop me!
- I am a squirrel hunter. I’m a squirrel cook too.
- Once upon a time I knew no knitters. Now I have more knitting friends than non-knitting friends. Thanks Internets!
- I dislike memes. Not in principle, but in time consumption. But since I hadn’t blogged in a bit, I decided to be a sport.
I am supposed to tag 8 other bloggers. I will start with bloggers from my blogroll who also haven’t blogged in a bit just to remind them that we are all here and checking up on them and miss them and anyone else I care to annoy. They are: Abbe, Teresa C., Mary Beth, James, Susan (cuz once ever 6 weeks is not enough), Steph (cuz a knitting mother of 2 attending school full time needs more creative oulets, right?), Stacy (cuz opening a new yarn shop is no excuse to cut back on your blogging) and Steven (cuz I haven’t been to the Saturday meetup lately and I was missing him). Okay, you guys and gals are tagged, meme or not, but don’t be angry.